Tuesday, September 11, 2012

ANOTHER MIXED MEDIA GIRL

Wow!  I have so many things to blog about and I am sure that once the novelty of having my own blog wears off, the posts will be less frequent but until then.....I will keep on posting!!!!

Also, I must tell you that I recently discovered the TV program "Doc Martin" and have become ADDICTED!!!!!   And.....I have this beautiful 23" computer monitor in my craft room from which I can watch all the episodes and draw at the same time!!!  I'm feeding two addictions at the SAME time!  How great is that????

MIXED MEDIA GIRL:

This is another mixed media face that I painted using Tombow markers, and Prismacolor pencils.  The background was made by using Derwent Inktense pencils with a layer of Ranger Distress Ink stenciled on top and a few doodles.

I took a picture of the first layer of medium....the face and dress painted with Tombow Markers and the background painted with Inktense pencils.  Hopefully, this will show you how the painting can transform from what I call "the ugly stage" into something of beauty.  So.... don't panic if the girl looks a little jaundiced!!!  This can be fixed with the application of Prismacolor pencils.


Now, here she is after a layer of Prismacolor pencil was added to her face; the stenciling, doodling and lettering added to the background and the other fine details added like her glasses, and heart headband.


So...."Don't Worry, Be Happy."  You can easily correct the color of your girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment