Saturday, April 5, 2014

STEAMPUNK ANYONE?

I love Steampunk!  I don't know why it doesn't find its way into my art more.  It appeals to my love for old Victorian things….the clothing with gowns of leather and lace, corsets, petticoats and bustles…suits with waistcoats, tails, top hats and spats….Oh MY!  I love it all!  Real and fantasy!

I also love the post apocalyptic gadgets such as gas masks and machinery made from found objects.  It brings back memories of playing with an old respirator/face mask and goggles when I was a kid.  I am sure that it didn't come from the Victorian era (I'm not THAT old!) and that it was just something that my parents used when they built the first house that I ever lived in but I can pretend that it dates back to earlier times.  Anyway….here is my first attempt at Steampunk art.


Until next time….

Hugs,
Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment